The Australian Construction Industry Forum launches it’s forecast report every year with a dedicated breakfast at DesignBUILD.
This breakfast is a briefing by the Australian Construction Industry Forum (ACIF) for the building and construction industry, outlining the forecast of prospects and challenges ahead for residential building, commercial building and engineering construction sectors. This is the first showcase of the new annual forecast followed by discussion between industry leaders on the key issues of the day.
The Australian building and construction industry is buffeted by strong international factors, which in turn impact on the shifts between construction sectors. ACIF Forecasters help businesses manage these shifts by answering questions like:
- Is the mining construction boom really over?
- Is there a boom in non-residential and commercial sector?
- Is growth seen in the non-residential and engineering sectors sustainable?
By attending this event, you hear a summary of results of the ACIF Forecasts for May 2018 followed by a dynamic panel discussion by industry leaders; enjoy a delicious networking breakfast; and be eligible for a pre-release 30% discount on the new Australian Construction Market Report (value $300) plus express entry to DesignBUILD (immediately after the Briefing, co-located with this event).
Who should attend the forecast breakfast
- Business leaders, researchers and analysts who seek high quality information to inform planning in their organisation.
- Managers responsible for sales and business development, who are keen to know where is the work, what type – and why.
- Managers responsible for planning their company’s investment in plant and staff.
Details of the event
Stand up networking breakfast from 7am-7.30am.
With a room full of delegates from banking, government, head contractors, manufacturers, property owners, investment managers and more, you are sure to enjoy stimulating conversations with the potential to meet new business contacts, or further your relationship with business decision makers.
At 7.30am we take our seats for the presentation of the launch of the ACIF Forecasts for May 2018. These 10-year forecasts include the work demand, labour needs, costs indexes and major projects for residential and non-residential building plus engineering construction. The presentation includes:
- Macro economic outlook and how international and Australian economic events affect our industry
- National forecasts for all sectors
- State comparisons
- Major Projects – thanks to Cordell/Corelogic
Following the presentation, we welcome a panel of industry leaders to discuss the key issues arising from the ACIF Forecasts and other macro and domestic factors affecting our industry.
Details for the 2019 ACIF Forecast breakfast will be available here, early 2019.