This is the annual ACIF Briefing, where the Australian Construction Industry Forum (ACIF) launches the May 2018 ACIF Forecasts for the building and construction industry, outlining the prospects and challenges ahead for residential building, commercial building and engineering construction sectors for the next 10 years.
The Australian building and construction industry is buffeted by strong international factors, which in turn impact on the shifts between construction sectors. ACIF Forecasters help businesses manage these shifts by answering questions like:
- Is the mining construction boom really over?
- Is there a boom in non-residential and commercial sector?
- Is growth seen in the non-residential and engineering sectors sustainable?
By attending this event, you hear a summary of results of the ACIF Forecasts for May 2018 followed by a dynamic panel discussion by industry leaders; enjoy a delicious networking breakfast; and be eligible for a pre-release 30% discount on the new Australian Construction Market Report (value $300) plus express entry to DesignBUILD (immediately after the Briefing, co-located with this event).
Who should attend
- Business leaders, researchers and analysts who seek high quality information to inform planning in their organisation.
- Managers responsible for sales and business development, who are keen to know where is the work, what type – and why.
- Managers responsible for planning their company’s investment in plant and staff.
Details of the event
Stand up networking breakfast from 7am-7.30am.
With a room full of delegates from banking, government, head contractors, manufacturers, property owners, investment managers and more, you are sure to enjoy stimulating conversations with the potential to meet new business contacts, or further your relationship with business decision makers.
At 7.30am we take our seats for the presentation of the launch of the ACIF Forecasts for May 2018. These 10-year forecasts include the work demand, labour needs, costs indexes and major projects for residential and non-residential building plus engineering construction. The presentation includes:
- Macro economic outlook and how international and Australian economic events affect our industry
- National forecasts for all sectors
- State comparisons
- Major Projects – thanks to Cordell/Corelogic
Following the presentation, we welcome a panel of industry leaders to discuss the key issues arising from the ACIF Forecasts and other macro and domestic factors affecting our industry.
We close by 9.15am and all delegates are invited to a VIP entry to DesignBUILD Expo across the hall.
Date: Thurs 3 May 2018
Venue: Melbourne Convention and Exhibition Centre Convention Centre Meeting Room 213 on Level 2
Cost: AU $200
For further information, click here.